This last week my family and I were in Wisconsin for my dad's family reunion. The last time the Forciea's had a reunion, I was almost 2 years old. Needless to say, it was long overdue. We had a beautiful 2 day drive to get there with 7 adults, 2 teenagers, 3 toddlers and 2 vehicles. Amazingly enough, the toddlers were very well behaved on the drive to and from Wisconsin. We play games, sang songs and had a really good time. We stayed in Wisconsin for 7 days ane got to see our whole family, minus a few. We went to the Public Library, which was way better than Orem's, to the Milwaukee Public Museum, which was AMAZING, and to the Milwaukee Zoo, which is such a great zoo! All the animals were walking around or playing and just generally in plain view for us to see. We got to see the house where my dad grew up (and where my Grandma & Grandpa Forciea lived until they died), and a few beaches. We were able to attend my cousin Jen's baby shower after going to an amazing beach. We spent a LOT of time with family. We went to a Brewer's game with my Uncles Sean & Ralph, my cousin Scott and my Aunt Marie (after which, we went to my Uncle Ralph's bar for a little while to visit with more family. Our zoo trip involved my cousin and her kids and another cousin and aunt. We were fed most of our meals by family members, who we later found out had had a family meeting before our arrival to make sure we never went without a meal (so sweet!). We did so much, it's hard to remember everything.
In short, our trip was amazing. I fell in love with Wisconsin and I now understand exactly why my dad wants to go back. My family is so amazing. They are kind, loving and so tolerant of others and their choices. They listen (if you can get them to stop talking for a few minutes) with open hearts and open minds. I would never feel judged around my family. It really makes me want to be around them more. I can't wait until I can see them all again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment