So, I have decided, after a long conversation with Vicky, that I am going to make goals before the new year so that, hopefully, I will actually achieve them. There are a lot of things that I want to work on, not just as an individual, but as a wife and mom. Here goes: (not in order of priority, just whichever pops into my head first)
1. Manage my time so that I can get everything done during the day that I needed to
2. Juggle my "To do's" and my son so that neither gets neglected
3. Get organized so that my home and my head will be uncluttered
4. Plan efficiently so that I am prepared throughout the week
5. (along with #4) Make weekly menus so that I am not scrambling to find something for dinner
6. Make a budget and stick to it, so that we're always prepared for the unexpected
7. Have patience and understanding for my husband and my son
8. Not worry over the things I have no control of
9. Make healthy food choices so that I can teach my son to make them
10. Find things to do that take more skill and intelligence than pushing a button
11. Balance the family time with the "Me" time
12. Think about and discuss options before coming to a decision
Ok, that's all for now. There are a lot more things that I want to do. Some of these things seem like no brainer's. But it's a lot harder than one would think. Sometimes I wish I could add more memory to my brain instead of just my computer. Like an external hard drive that I can just plug into and remember everything I needed and wanted to do. It's hard enough to figure out how to be a wife and how to live with someone else and share all the decision making without trying to figure out how to be a mom at the same time. Sometimes I think I'm failing at it...but then I realize that my son, my husband and I are happy and healthy and I have some time yet, to figure out how to do everything. I don't need to know now, and learning is half the fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I think those are MARVELOUS goals! Maybe you can help me keep my goals, too. :) You are doing a great job. Keep it up. Love you
ReplyDelete