The week before Halloween, I believe, my sister and her hubby went to Cali to visit some friends. They had been planning on my brother-in-law moving after Thanksgiving, then she and my nephew after the new year and my nieces after school was out. They came home from Cali and told us that they found a place out there and would be moving that Sunday. Needless to say, I was just about heartbroken and still am. So they packed everything up and it took a little longer than they expected, so they left Monday night. They had more than they expected to take with them, and Jared ended up driving out there with them. He was supposed to leave Wednesday morning. However, when my sister realized that they would be alone, with no family, after he left, she...delayed him a bit. But he finally got home safe and sound at 3 am on Thursday morning.
On Thursday night, my parents came over to visit us. I needed my dad to take a look at my computer because it's really slow. Instead, my dad brought one of his laptops over and let me long-term borrow it until I get one of my own again. I was so happy and ecstatic! I still am. It is so awesome! It's a lot faster than my desktop. I love my dad!
Friday we got super cute pictures taken of our little family at Kiddie Kandids. They are really awesome. Auntie M (Monica) took them. That night, after we got our pics done, Vick and I went shopping for Monica's baby shower that we were in charge of the next day. We had a lot of fun shopping. We stayed up kinda late making cookie dough and cupcakes. Then we (meaning Vicky, cuz I'm horrible) got up early to finish making things. We made chicken salad sandwiches, a veggie tray, meatballs, cookies, cupcakes and crumb (aka coffee) cake. My mom also contributed deviled eggs and cream puffs, which were both amazing! We didn't do any baby shower games, we just basically had an open house and it was a lot of fun. Monica made out like a bandit with all the super cute stuff she got for their little girl.
After the shower on Saturday, we dropped the kids off at my parents and Mike&Vicky took hubby and I out to Texas Roadhouse in Lehi for Jared's birthday dinner. It was an hour and a half wait, but man was it totally worth it! Jared had steak that just melted in your mouth! We really enjoyed the food and each others company. I'm really lucky to have such great in-laws!
Today was a lazy day for Jared, it being his birthday he was entitled. I made the same crumb cake again in the morning for Jared's birthday dinner at Grandma Engle's. I barely made it to the last 10 minutes of sacrament meeting and went to both Sunday school and Relief Society. Really great lessons in both classes. After church we went to Jared's Grandma Engle's house for spaghetti and pizza. Yummy! Her spaghetti is awesome! Not to mention she's just awesome. She is one of the sweetest ladies in the entire world and I just love her to death. Tonight, we've just been spending time together as a family. Monster #2 has been sleeping since we got home from great-grandma's and Monster #1 has been running around like a madman. I am actually happy about that last part because he was trying to get up on a chair at grandma's, slipped and cracked his head on the wooden leg of my chair. Got a pretty bad cut on his head, too. But nothing too serious. Just painful. And, of course, the one thing I forgot to put in the diaper bag was the baby tylenol. So he had to wait until we got home. But he's fine now. We are all watching The Polar Express on blu ray in 3D.
I love my little family. My husband and my boys are the best things that ever happened to me and I am truly grateful to have them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment