Monday, December 28, 2009

happy and sad for you...

Last week was really great. We had a lot of holiday fun. On Thursday, Christmas Eve, we went to a friend of the family's house, Monica and Kendall (sp?) Reed. They graciously invited us into their home for prime rib and lobster and many other delicious goodies! I actually ate asparagus! For those of you who truly know me (basically my immediate family members) that is a huge feat! I hate asparagus! But Monica covered them in this garlic butter stuff that was just to die for. We also had a wide array of fabulous desserts. We played a few rounds of Uno with rules I've never heard of and then we were off to my parent's house!

At my parent's we ate a little bit more (because my mom made really super yummy shrimp kebobs with cilantro and...something else (I can't remember) and they were just divine. We went home and did the one present opening with the Hoppers. After that, we stayed up pretty much all night (I fell asleep for about 20 minutes) getting presents under the tree and filling stockings and just getting things ready for Christmas morning.

Woke up at 5 am to start getting breakfast ready. Next year we're going to have our own Christmas with our boys and get to the parents whenever. It's too much of a hassle and inconvenience to try to make it to both houses for Christmas morning. We had a fabulous breakfast with Blake, James and Monica and had tons of fun opening up presents from each other. We got some really great stuff, but our boys made out like bandits! Seriously, they got so much stuff! We then collected our "going out" belongings and headed over Nana and Poppa's house to open presents there. Got even more stuff than I expected and our boys got even more stuff. Sidenote: Last night I got out all of Harley's new toys and put them in our living room for him to play with...he couldn't decide what to have fun with first. He just looked around for a few minutes and then settled on the Woody and Buzz toys Jared insisted he have. He (Harley) is really into Toy Story right now and so Jared picked out this set of Woody and Buzz toys that talk to each other and you. They're really pretty nifty. Back on topic: With gift opening at my parent's done, and having gotten very little or no sleep, Jared and I took the boys into my Grandma's den (which has a pull-out couch) and took a nap for a few hours. We hung out with everyone after that, watched movies and had Kahlua pork for our Christmas dinner, a Forciea family tradition. We had a lot of fun on Christmas day.

On Saturday my grandma took my whole family out to see Sherlock Holmes, which was an amazing movie! On top of the amazingness of Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, both our boys slept through the entire movie! Yea! Woohoo! It was a beautiful thing :D My grandmother then took us out to eat at Chuck-A-Rama which is one of my favorite places because they have the most fabulous scones. It was great just spending time with family for a few days.

Sunday was, indeed, a day of rest. I went to take a quick nap before church and completely passed out with Harley until church was pretty much over...oops! However, Sunday was also a sad day. James and Monica finally moved to California :' ( They left early in the morning (without saying goodbye!) and got there around 9ish, our time, at night. We probably won't see them again for a while, but hopefully not too long! Anyway, we had a really great Christmas. I hope everyone reading this did, too!

Now on to a Happy and great 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment