Losing the combined baby weight from my two babies has not been progressing at all...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, chocolate in general and Dr. Pepper are to blame...as is my lack of self discipline. I haven't really cared much, thinking that Jared loves me no matter what. But I finally sat down and thought about how life has been for me the past year and a half and realized that I absolutely hate going shopping because nothing ever fits, I have a hard time running around with Harley because I get winded so fast and it's even difficult for me to climb one flight of stairs. That is just completely ridiculous for someone my age.
What I'm going to do:
Eat smaller portions (no going back for seconds)
No more junk like Dr. Pepper, candy and chips. Dr. Pepper is only allowed at restaurants, not fast food, but actual restaurants and candy only at movies every once in a while.
No more snacking just because I have nothing better to do
No more stress eating.
My weight as of this morning is 203 lbs. I would like to get down to 145-150 by summertime. Or just a size 9-10 in jeans. I figure if I keep track of my weight on my blog, then I'll be more inclined to actually do than to admit defeat in public :D We'll see how I do. I have faith in myself and I know I can do it if I try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





oh my gosh! I wouldn't believe those pictures if I hadn't seen it for myself.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is amazing, and definitely a source of inspiration. Congrats to your mom! And good luck to you! I'm doing the same thing this year, and looking forward to a much healthier life. We should talk!
ReplyDeletegood for you. and your mom does look great! russell and i are trying to lose weight too, and have found that good-old calorie-counting is our best strategy. it's amazing what calories are hidden everywhere! i'm not saying it's fun, but it has been working when nothing else did. anyway, good luck. you can do it!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous. I have never met your mother. She is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are already on the right track. Your motivations are genuine and for yourself and your health.