At our house, we have been turning off the tv and computers more, thinking that it will help us spend more time together. Well, tonight was a prime example that it works. Mike, the kids and I hung out in the kitchen while I made grilled cheese and just talked and laughed and watched funny videos on youtube. After dinner, Lydia and I went to Harmon's so she could turn in a picture she colored for a cookie from the Bakery. The guy working there was really nice and gave her two instead of just one. We ran over to my parents for just a bit, picked up Joel and went home. After that, we all just sat in the kitchen or family room and just hung out together. Mike was playing his guitar, Philip was playing the clarinet, Vicky was reading and the rest of us were talking and sorting playing cards (which we were going to use for a game) Lydia, the twins and Joel were making big rubber band chains (which they later used as rather effective sling shots :D). We didn't need the computer (except for the watching of youtube videos), or the tv to spend time with each other. The silence was kind of nice. I usually like having noise. Listening to music while I'm on the computer, turning a movie on while I make dinner or as a go to sleep. (All this while I'm updating my blog :D) But tonight, it was nice to just be a family and enjoy each other's company.
I have been pretty good about what I eat, except for last night when Aubrie brought over chocolates...wow. I was in heaven! Man, was that chocolate good! I could have eaten the toasted coconut or the mint chocolates all night. And probably would have, had they been mine, lol. I really love chocolate. I think, in order to lose weight, I have to just swear off all chocolate...but I don't think I can do that. I like it too much. I swear, if I don't have chocolate every few days, my brain just goes crazy, lol. I like anything that's sweet, really. Ahh, anyway...I really am trying. I'm eating more fruits and vegetables and less junk. Smaller portion sizes, more water and less soda...ok, less Dr. Pepper, lol.
Now, I just need to work on getting to bed earlier than 2-3 in the morning. So, goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



the sweets cravings will go away... she keeps telling herself. I haven't managed more than a couple of days since I really got into this pregnancy. Chocolate, though... I usually let myself have a small piece of really dark chocolate every couple of days or a cup of hot cocoa made with hershey's dark cocoa and splenda. If i don't I go craaaaazzzzy!
ReplyDeleteI think if I had more fruit to munch on, it wouldn't be so bad. I love fruit...I just don't buy a lot.
ReplyDelete