We had a lot of really inspired people speak today in church and our Sunday school/Relief Society teachers were inspired as well. We were talking about the parables of the lost sheep, the lost coin and the "lost" or prodigal son in Sunday school today. We talked about the differences in how each subject got lost in the first place.
The sheep kind of wandered off, the coin was misplaced and the son just plain left. It's important for us to pay attention and be careful that we don't wander off the right path. It's also important that we don't do or say anything to "misplace" other people. Yes, it is the responsibility of each person to choose not to be offended, but we each also have the responsibility to carefully choose our words and actions so as not to offend other people who might become lost as a result. The prodigal son was not insulted and he didn't wander off aimlessly, he chose to take his inheritance and leave. *Someone pointed out that he, in fact, was the one who insulted his father by demanding his inheritance, basically saying, "I wish you were dead, give me what you owe me." However, the father was a kind and loving man and gave in to his son's request. When the son came back, the older son was upset at his father welcoming his brother back with open arms. But it is that specific thing we need to take into our minds and our hearts. The father welcomed his humbled and repentant son with open arms. I, myself, have not always stayed on the straight and narrow and because of it, I have sometimes been treated like I wasn't worthy of anyone's friendship or affection. I also know there have been times in my life that I have not treated others as I should have. This, along with the other things I was taught today, is going to be a goal for me.
To pay attention to my life and the decisions I am making so I don't wander off the path I'm supposed to be on.
To be careful of my words and deeds so as not to offend others. I don't want to be part of why someone leaves the church. To also remember how I have been offended and choose not to be in the future.
To treat others as we were all meant to be treated. As brothers and sisters in Christ and as sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.
These are only a few of the things I took from my Sunday School lesson and there was so much more. I was well and truly spiritually nourished today and I was really excited to share with everyone.
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment