Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finally!!!!!!!!

So, just a few days ago I got approved for Foodstamps. Yesssss! I was very excited. So I have been very excitedly been going grocery shopping and making dinner for the last few days. I am mostly happy because I feel like I can contribute now. I am more willing to make menus and do dinner because I can use "my own" money to do it. It just makes me feel better knowing I'm helping. Yay! Plus we get baby food on Foodstamps that isn't covered by WIC. Double Yay!
Also, I called my caseworker today because I have an appointment on Monday and I hate going there telling them I don't have a Medicaid card yet. So I called her and left a message asking if there was anything left that I needed to send her to get back on. She called me back about a half hour later and said, "I'm really sorry, but I forgot to input something. But I did that and resent your March card and your April card should be coming any day now." I asked, "Well, what about January and February, because I applied back in January?" She said, "No problem, I will put it back that far and send those cards out to you right away." HECK YEAH! I am so excited that we got back on Medicaid. We don't have to pay any bills for the doctor. YEAH!!! So, we are back on Foodstamps and Medicaid, which means we can qualify to get me back on WIC which will help with milk, cheese and things like that and foodstamps for the rest. Oh, my gosh I am so happy! It has been a really good week. Now all we need is for Jared to get this job and we'll be good for a little while. Vicky was talking to me about staying a little longer than we planned so we can save up some money before we strike out on our own again. I'll have to think about it. I don't mind, in fact I'm appreciative, but still. It's hard to live in another family's house, ya know? Oh well, we'll figure it out.
Mike brother and his family are here for a little bit, which is awesome. They're staying with us for a couple of days. They came right in and grabbed Harley. It was really cool. We sat around and talked for a while. Harley stood up in his crib without holding onto anything and Doug said, "It's amazing. It's like a hand stand with feet." And Mike said, "...Sort of like a stand...or standing." It was hilarious. Then a little bit later Mike had taken my phone from Harley and held it out to me saying, "You better take this before I throw it at my brother." It was really funny!
End transmission.

1 comment: