Today I turned 22.
Yesterday we had a barbecue for my birthday with our families. We had a really great time eating, laughing and talking. My wonderful husband orchestrated the whole thing and it turned out really well. Vicky even descended from her sick bed to attend ;D Being surrounded by good food and good people who love you is a perfect way to celebrate your birthday.
This morning, I slept through 3 alarms and a few texts and missed church. However, my wonderful husband took our children upstairs when they woke up so that I could sleep. Although it's embarrassing, I will admit that I slept until noon. After a couple quick errands, I returned to the house to see that hubby had enlisted my awesome little brothers-in-law to help decorate and make waffles for me for my birthday. It was really sweet, and I couldn't have asked for better in-laws. We all hung out for several hours after the yummy meal the boys made and when it started to rain, we grabbed all the kids and went for a walk. This being Utah, the rain stopped as we got outside, but we went for the walk anyway and had a good time. Jared and the kids had a water fight, which I watched for a moment. It was all in all, a very relaxed, enjoyable day.
I got some really great stuff for my birthday, but the best present of all, I have to admit, was when I checked on my boys in their room at 9 pm, they were both out like a light. (My oldest is never asleep before midnight. I hope this is a good sign.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment