Yesterday we got a lot done. Not as much as I'd hoped, but good enough. We didn't get to bed until about 1:30 or 2 and then got up today at 7.
Well, I got up at 7, Jared didn't get up until 7:30. I got in the shower and Jared brought Harley in. The little stinker didn't wake up until it was pretty much time to get out. I wish I could sleep like that! He would open his eyes, look up at me, and then fall right back asleep. Turkey. We got all dressed and ready and headed up to Sandy for Claudia's funeral. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. Everyone was in the room for the viewing and there were really no tears. Everyone was talking and laughing and just happy that Claudia is in a better place "twirling her dress." It was really nice. During the actual funeral services, I was out in the foyer with Harley, he was very restless (more on that in a minute). Almost everyone who spoke of her had funny stories to tell or happy memories. It didn't really feel like a funeral, more like a walk down memory lane. It was a very interesting experience.
Like I said before, Harley and I were in the foyer for the services along with Logan and Riley, as well as Stacey and Tyler (they came out the last 15 minutes or so). It was so sweet, every time Harley dropped his binky or my sunglasses (which I bravely let him chew on), Riley would pick up the binky and very gently put it back in Harley's mouth. It was just so cute! I wish I had gotten a picture. Riley was also kind enough to share his puppy with Harley, which Harley enjoyed very much. As soon as Stacey and Tyler came out, the little boys just took off. Man, is that little Tyler fast! He just booked it down the hall and stopped every little while to look at Harley as if to say, "Dude! What is taking you so long!?" lol. Harley just looked like, "Meh, whatever. I'm coming." My little stoner baby. Haha. Tyler and Riley are so adorable. There are some pretty dang cute babies in this family. Of course, mine's cutest. ; )
I had already fallen asleep in the car on the way, but when we actually got home, I slept for another 2 hours! I was soooooo tired! I don't know what I'm going to do when this baby gets here. I'll have to recover from a second c-section in 15 months, plus have a toddler and a newborn while my husband works and starts school again. Oy! I don't know how people do it. By the way, the name we've finally chosen for our second little monster is Hayden. No fix on the middle names yet, still working on those. But Hayden is set. Harley and Hayden Hopper. lol.
Ok, there is screaming in the other room where my baby is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love you! I love reading your blog. And I wish I could've seen Riley, Tyler, and Harley all interacting! I cant' believe I missed that!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and Hayden, is such a cute name! I think it goes perfect with Harley and with Hopper!! Good choice!