Thursday, October 9, 2008

Interesting...

So, after a series of unfortunate events, my little family and I have moved into Vicky's house and she has very graciously let us. So, as you can imagine, most of our things are in her garage at the moment. The morning after we moved in I had to go into the garage to find clean clothes. I had to go in through the car garage door and climb my way through our various belongings to get to my dresser. Vicky was already in there getting things out for one of her old cleaners. We had been talking and laughing as we were both looking for things. All of a sudden, I noticed that Vicky was no longer in the garage and the garage door was shutting. So, with everything right up against the door, I was stuck. For quite a few moments I seriously considered yelling, "Help! Help! I'm stuck!" However, thankfully, some sort of contraption a few things in front of me moved and I was able to escape the maze of my things. I walked in the house and asked Lydia where Vicky was, luckily she was in the bathroom so I had her cornered. I yelled through the door, "Vicky, you totally suck!" she asked me why and I informed her that she locked me in the garage. She burst out laughing and said, "You were still in there!?" It was hilarious and I had to share.

There have been a lot of funny experiences in the last week since we have moved in. Just the other night, Lydia was sitting on my bed with me playing with Harley. She looked over at me and asked, "Dani, when are you going to born another baby?" It was so cute! I explained to her that Harley is more than enough for right now. She is the cutest little girl!

I can't imagine having anymore kids anytime soon. I babysit my niece and nephew everyday for my sister. My niece is ok because she's almost 11 and pretty self-sufficient. Not to mention one of the smartest people I know. Not one of the smartest kids I know, one of the smartest people, period. However, my nephew is just 2 months younger than Harley, so they get hungry at the same time, which means if I don't feed them right away they scream at the same time, too. I love my little nephew, he is the cutest little guy, after mine of course. I look kind of like my sister, so my nephew gets a little confused at first, but after a while he realizes I'm not his mommy. lol. That's fun. He does say, "Mom" now, though. He says it and then looks questioningly at me, as if to say, "Where is she?" I swear he knows what's going on most of the time. Harley does, too. Sometimes, when my nephew is screaming, Harley will just stare at him like, "Dude, what's your problem?" And then he'll look at me like, "He is so weird." lol. They are so cute together and when we lay them next to each other, they will sometimes hold hands. It's really cute. Ok, I am really tired so I will end here. Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHHAA that's too funny. I can totally see Harley James doing that. He IS a Hopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze! I feel so bad about locking you in the garage!!!!! I really thought you had gone inside. You were so quiet. What a dork I am.

    ReplyDelete