Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dilemma

We finally have things set up pretty comfortably in our room and our living room. It's usually a disaster area, but the big furniture is where we like it. But we have to figure out how to fit another little person into the scheme of things and I'm not quite sure how to do it. There are a couple of factors that make it a little difficult.
I'm going to just suck it up and deal with the screaming that comes from making my little monster sleep in his own bed. We got a old/new for us crib from a nice lady in our ward that converts to a toddler bed. Hopefully, he will sleep in that on his own. Then we'll just use his old crib for the new monster. If that works, then it won't be too bad to try and fit another crib in our room. It'll just be a little tricky.
However, if he won't sleep in that, Vick has an extra twin bed that she said we can use and maybe that will work. I have a few ideas of how to fit a twin bed in our room with our king bed and a crib, but not quite sure if they will work. I don't mind packing up some more stuff to be able to fit everything. I just don't quite know what to pack.
The only other problem with either of those options is that Harley crawls in his sleep. He's crawled off the bed twice. Luckily, there was a blanket on the floor right where he fell both times, so no biggie. But still, kinda scary.
Warning: Long tangent! [I really hope he doesn't walk in his sleep like I used to. When I was 5 or 6, my oldest sister was coming home really late at night and heard someone go out the front door as she was coming in the back. She went to see who was leaving so late when she saw me pretty much taking off down the street. She yelled to my parents what was happening and then chased me down. Once she grabbed me, she was ready to chew me out when she realized I had no idea where I was or what was going on. It was a really scary way for us all to find out that I walked in my sleep. It wasn't too big a deal after that because I have a family of insomniacs, so someone was usually up to direct me back to my bed. I stopped doing it when I was about 13 or so. But when Jared and I were first in our apartment, I guess the stress of living on my own for the first time and getting married and everything was too much, because Jared caught me sleepwalking quite a few times. I even made it to our back door once, which would have been interesting, lol. But again, it hasn't happened since then. It 's really weird.]
Ok, that was random. Anyway, we have a big enough closet that some of the smaller bedroom furniture can go in there, like Harley's dresser and changing table. I might even get rid of our entertainment center because all it's doing is holding an empty fish tank and taking up space that I could use to make this easier.
Alright, I guess I better stop blogging and actually figure out how everything's going to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment