So, I am so completely ecstatic that it is Friday! I finally have time to clean my room and get it organized. It is so hard babysitting my 3 1/2 month old nephew and my 11 year old niece along with my own son. It is even harder to do all that and then come home and try to do the housewifish stuff I need to do. Ugh! Just...ugh!
Not to mention the fact that between my husband and myself, we own so much apparel that we can fill a HUGE, and I mean HUGE, 6 drawer dresser, another pretty good-sized 5 drawer dresser and almost a whole walk-in-closet. Pretty sick, huh? We have to go through and DI a bunch of stuff and it really kills me to do it. I finally gave my niece a shirt she has been begging me to give her for about 4 years now. I have finally stopped being in denial about the fact that it is never going to fit me again. She was ECSTATIC, like bouncing off the walls. Well, she's little, so more like pinging off the walls. ;) She's cute, I love her. On top of our sickening mountain of clothing...is our son's. Yes, our 5 1/2 month old has a revolting amount of clothing. His little dresser is full and he still has about 2 medium laundry baskets full. Sick, eh? Yeah, I know. It's ridiculous. I have to go through his stuff, too, and find out what fits him and what doesn't and box up the what doesn't for future, yes FUTURE, children. NOT now children, but FUTURE children. Ok? Get it? Got it? Good!
Anyway, so all of the kids are gone. Lydia is at Jayden's house, the twins and Ian are at the sand dunes and Conor is in Vegas. So...that means Vicky, Jared and I (and of course, Harley) went out! Yeah! We went and ordered 2 appetizers and salad and our dinners and of course the bread that comes with every meal at pretty much every restaurant these days. Woah, are we full! I feel like a pig, though, because Jared and Vicky feel ultra over-full and I feel fine. I guess my stomach is just used to eating giant-sized meals...sad :( But it was really good. I told Vicky afterwards that I didn't know whether I should feel proud or ashamed that I polished off my whole meal on top of the salad and appetizers. Not to mention...3 Diet Cokes...wow, I am a pig! Oh, well. It makes up for the past 3 weeks of forgetting to eat lunch while babysitting at my sister's. Sometimes I forget just lunch, sometimes lunch and breakfast, sometimes I don't realize I haven't eaten all day until 11:30 at night. I just have so much going through my brain all the time that I forget about the fact that my stomach is growling. And the last thing I need is to put a reminder in my phone to eat! Man, that would be the winner in the "Most Pathetic Person" category.
So, I hate family tensions and fights. The last month has been hell. It's been really nice to be at Vicky's, though. As much as the kids can sometimes annoy me, they don't really. It's only the "mom, he's touching me!" stuff that we ALL did as a kid that gets on my nerves and then I try to remember that I was way more obnoxious as a kid. Moi? Yeah, me. lol. I found a picture today with some of my family members in it one Christmas when I was about 5 or so. It had my family, my Auntie's family, my mom's mom and step-dad and her dad and step-mom all in it together for Christmas. I just looked at it and longed for the days when we were a real family. My heart just aches thinking about how this Thanksgiving and Christmas will be, my heart feels like a piece is missing and I just can't stop the tears. For those of you who don't understand, I'm sorry but it's private. For those of you who do, no worries, I'll be fine.
Great blog, yeah? It has everything! You laugh, you get shocked, you think, you cry! It's amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love having you live here. :) I'm so sorry you miss your family. I wish I could be everything you need right now. I'll always be there for you, my dear.
ReplyDelete