Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wishing

So, looking at all the ways I can help the Breast Cancer Research has made me wish more than anything that I had gotten to know my Grandma Forciea and my Auntie Deby better. I was only a couple years old when my grandma died, if that. My grandma, Rosemarie, was a strong German woman who loved her family and would do anything to protect them. She was so strong that even though she had breast cancer in both breasts and underwent a double mastectomy, she didn't die from it.
My Auntie Deby was a very, very good friend of my mom's for a long time. I remember being 7 or 8 years old and talking to her on the phone; she lived in California. She would always tell me that she was going to have my mom pack my bags and send me on a plane to visit her. I wish my mom had. Deby had had the cancer for a while and was getting too sick to take care of herself and her family couldn't do it. Though I remember she didn't have much family. Anyway, she had gotten so sick that my mom had insisted she move to Utah to live with us so my mom could take care of her. My parents decided to go see her before her big move out here. They were supposed to leave later in the week or weekend, but on Tuesday night I told my mom that I had a feeling she should go that night. She said that they were leaving later in the week and that a few days wouldn't make a difference. I told her again and again that they needed to leave that night. They didn't. Around 11 that night, my mom got a call that Deby had passed earlier that evening. It was a hard thing to deal with. Especially for my mom, knowing she had been so close to seeing Deby.
I know is that I didn't get that feeling by accident. I know that Heavenly Father was trying to send us a message. I've always known that everything happens for a reason and we don't always understand at the time. In the last few weeks it has become quite clear to me that Heavenly Father is looking out for us and is always watching and guiding us. He listens to us and answers our prayers no matter what. Although his answers may not be what we hope for, and sometimes they even make us angry, we have to trust that he knows what's best for us and that he will always take care of us and point us in the right direction.
I've just had some time to think about my life and I have realized just how much Heavenly Father has taken care of me, my family and my friends. I feel so grateful and so blessed to have been raised in the Church. To know that after we leave this world, we will see our family and friends again. Which is how I am going to tie this rant into the beginning of my post. I am so grateful to know that I will see my grandma and my aunt again. That they are in a better place where they can be taught the gospel and, hopefully, accept it.
I am so grateful and so proud to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And I hope every member of the Church is as proud and grateful as I am.

2 comments:

  1. Dani, you are truly an inspiration to me. It warms my heart to hear your testimony, and it helps me renew my dedication to the Lord. I am so grateful to know that people who are on the other side of the veil are still there, and they are still in our lives--we just don't get to see them (darn). I, too, am so grateful for the gospel and for the direction and information I have because of the restoration. Keep up the good work, girl! Love you.

    ReplyDelete